So I got bored and tried looking for a Python editor for my Android, and lo and behold there is one (and probably more, but this one seemed to be good enough). QPython is a free app available on the Play Store that includes the Python interpreter, a .py editor, and a Python console; along with various example scripts and supplementary libraries. Aside from the normal inconveniences from typing large amounts of text on a phone, the program seems to handle fine, performing without too much slowdown and not heating up the phone any more than it should (except on maximum recursion depth errors, but those speak for themselves). However, after playing around with it for a bit, I realized that i was using a Python 2 interpreter! A quick look on the Play Store revealed QPython 3, which additionally came with an interactive Python shell. Now, as long as I have my phone, I can never claim boredom again :P
No comments:
Post a Comment